2/06/2013

Creative and a little crazy...

No, I'm not talking about me... I mean Wellington of course! The last stop of our spontaneous road trip was New Zealand's capital city on the southern edge of the North Island. After only five minutes driving through town, Bryana Nick and I all agreed: Wellington is awesome! There's so much creativity and so much energy in the city, it is absolutely enticing!

The ever busy Cuba Street

We met yet another one of Bryana's friends in a very cool reastaurant called Southern Cross. They have a nice outdoor area where we had dinner and chilled for a bit, before our "guide" took us to the waterfront. Maybe it's the harbor that makes me like Wellington so much, maybe it's the similarities with San Francisco... I don't know but I loved it!

I'm a harbor - fan!

A little bit of sunset romance...
The best part about being in Wellington was that a bunch of other couchsurfers we had met before were there too! We met up with Peter first and then I met up with Glenda and Jorge again *yay* funnily enough, they were also at the Southern Cross, so we went back there...

We exchanged Nick for Peter somewhere along the way...

Couchsurfer Reunion @ Southern Cross!

On our way down to Wellington, we had found out about the Rugby Seven's, an international tournament where a bunch of teams play a special kind of Rugby (only seven players per team). Not that we know much about Rugby, but Bryana wanted a ticket anyways :) It's supposed to be the biggest party in New Zealand and I actually believe that! The best part was, everybody came dressed up! The entire waterfront turned into a circus on friday ;) here are some of my favorite impressions....






(un) fortunately I had to leave Friday night and take the nightbus back to Auckland where I spent one more night at Carmel's and said goodbye to Thomas before I left New Zealand on Sunday morning.

New Zealand, it was a pleasure to get to know you ;) The country is absolutely amazing, the people are super nice and the couchsurfers have made my trip better than I ever thought it would be! Special thanks to Carmel, Thomas, Warwick and Chris, Carol, Glenda and Jorge, Bryana, Denise, Nick, Markus, Jargil, Simon, Aaron, Anna-Marie, Gerrard, the Annas and all the other amazing couchsurfers I met along the way! You rock! Hope I'll see you again some day somewhere ;) 




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen