10/26/2012

New England Coastline

Last monday, I took a daytrip along the New England coastline... It was a beautiful day and a beautiful trip with very few people, which was fine with me. I don't really like crowds anyways... Our first stop was


Hampton Beach, New Hampshire! Did I mention it was a beautiful day? ;)


The waves were beautiful... the beach was absolutely deserted though. Apparently, it is a major vacation spot in the summer, but the season is over, so only a few residents remain and all the summer homes were empty. The shops were closed, the restaurants were closed... it was kinda weird. A ghosttown on the one hand, a beautiful beach on the other :) 


This is the picturesque Nubble Lighthouse in York, Maine. It stands all alone on a rock just off the rocky coast. The whole scene was just absolutely breathtaking! 


...did I mention it was a beautiful day? I'm telling you, I feel like I'm travelling through a travel journal! It's just  so absolutely perfect everywhere! It's kinda scary.... Next Stop: Kennebunkport :) 


Since I was in Maine, I decided, I might as well try Lobster... Now, as most of you know, I'm not a big fan of seafood... but, I gotta say, this lobster pie thing... not bad! The wild blueberry pie for dessert was even better though ;) The best part was that I met this mother/daughter couple from Arizona and we got to talking and they invited me to join them for lunch - and they payed... I felt a little weird, but, hey, I'm a perpetually broke student so what can I do? ;) 


We saw a little bit of foliage, too, but most of it was already gone :( But, hey, the weather was fantastic, the Atlantic was as blue as ever and the coast of Maine is always worth a visit! I think I will return... 




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen